Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 6

Genesis 16-17 and Matthew 5:27-48

Genesis 16 - Birth of Ishmael. Okay, so I can understand wanting a baby really badly, but seriously, letting your servant sleep with your husband is a bit much. Yet that's what Sarai did. And then she got upset when the servant Hagar got a bit self important when she got pregnant.Hagar ran away but God sent an angel to her and told her to go back and name her son Ishmael.

Genesis 17 - God tells Abram again of his promise to give him a child and heaps of descendants, God also gives Abram and Sarai new names, they are now to be Abraham and Sarah. (Their new names mean "father of many nations" and "princess", pretty appropriate I think). An God tells Abraham to circumcise all the men and servants of his family and from then on all the boys 8 days after birth and any male servants purchased. This to me is one of the many proofs that God is real and not something man just made up. I mean, what guy in his right mind would think that circumcision is a great idea?

Matthew 5:27-48 - Jesus is an extra mile kind of guy, He is saying that doing what the law says or what you are asked is not enough. When someone takes your shirt, give them your coat. I don't do this enough, I don't go the extra mile. It's time I started. I need to sort out my heart, and get it closer to where God wants it.

Please pray for me guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment