Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 19

No I haven't forgotten, I am still plodding away, reading the Bible everyday, usually late at night, but I haven't missed a day yet. 

I will endevour to read earlier in the day. Why? Because I want to start the day with thoughts of God. Don't get me wrong, ending the day with God is a good thing too, I just personally find it harder to concentrate at night, I'm a morning person.
  
Job 28-29 - Matthew 13:1-30 


Job


I'm finding Job hard to read, he's a bit of a whinger. Don't get me wrong, it would suck being in his place, in one day a guy rocks up and tells him his animals were stolen, and his farmhands killed, then another guy rocks up, and says a fire has burnt all his sheep and shepherds, then another guy rocks up and tells him other raiders stole his camels and killed the servants and then yet another guy rocks up and says that Job's son's house collapsed with all Job's children inside! he gets left with nothing and then he gets sick and is covered in gross sores. Ikk. Then his mates rock up while he's in the street scraping sores off his feet with a piece of broken pottery (double ikk) and proceeds to tell him how he really must be a dirty great sinner and to repent, even though he didn't do anything wrong.


Matthew 13: 1-30


I'm liking Matthew, I am really getting into the parables, I like it when Jesus explains things, it makes it easier, a whole lot less guess work for my poor brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment