Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 319

Hi Guys,

How is everyone going? About a month and a half to go to finish the Bible, for me at least.

So far I have all the New Testament except for Revelations (I kinda want to leave that to read all on the last day) and I have read most of the Old Testament.

I came across this verse yesterday and I thought I would share.

1 Chronicles 28:20
Then David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.

I found this really encouraging, I felt that this was not just a message for Solomon about building the Temple, but for me, about doing work in God's service.

1 comment:

  1. Are you signing up to worship lead?? ;-) Be courageous and do it !! :-D

    I've not kept up to my reading plan and have admitted 'defeat' in this, only to lesson the guilt :-) and prevent myself from vowing to stay up overnight to cram it all in :-D

    I do however have an unquenchable hunger for Gods word these days and sometimes dream of hiding from my life to read it. I thank God for this as the appetite was not always there...

    Soldier on my friend. SO proud of you x K

    ReplyDelete