Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 260 (I think)

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Yes I know I have been gone for ages. Ups and downs, highs and lows etc. But most recently I've been taking a break.

I took a break from the Internet and TV, DVDs etc. Not a total black-out because I need the Internet to do my job and I decided to watch a DVD on father's day with the family, but definitely a large reduction in my usual Internet and DVD habits.

Why did I do this? To get closer to God, the whole point of this blog.

I have gone off-plan. I decided just delving into the Word and enjoying it was best to get me back on track. It's been great. I've been reading the new testament at work on my lunch breaks, the old testament at night before bed, listening to some more old testament at dinner some nights, and listening to sermons and worship songs in the car. At the moment I'm just enjoying learning more about God. I've been praying more and I feel I'm getting a little closer each day. Satan doesn't really seem to be a big fan of me getting closer to God (hence the downs and lows.) So thank you for your prayers guys!

I may not post every day, but I will try to be more consistent. I'm currently in Romans and Jeremiah so I'll keep you updated. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back!! Missed you! :-)

    Me? I've gone off plan too - eek!

    Was going chronologically - but I think I may skip a few repetitive books and get to some more juicy stuff (NOT suggesting some of the Bible isn't juicy!! Just not satisfying my appetite at the moment...)

    Soldier on Sister! Here with you xKelly

    ReplyDelete