Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 98

Okay, so I missed a few days here and there, and then I realised I still wasn't taking time out for God while reading. I decided to take a two week break and then read all I missed at once, then I'd have to take time out for God, wouldn't I? Turns out that not the greatest plan. I'm still playing catch up.

I finished reading Numbers the other day and I realised something. God asked for his people to give so many offerings for so many reasons, special days of the year, sinning, etc. But I couldn't figure out why. I mean God is the creator of the whole universe, He doesn't need grain or meat offerings. Then while reading my Bible it occurred to me that it wasn't about any of the stuff. It was about the heart of His people. They were stuck in the desert, all they had was God, each other and the things they brought with them. God wanted them to rely on Him. to remember Him, to include Him in all their actions. He was reminding them to put Him first, that all the herds and harvests, are nothing without Him.

So I'm going to keep trying, to put God first, not just in my reading the Bible, but in everything I do. It won't be easy, I have no idea when I'm going to find the time just to be with Him, but I have faith that He'll help me through it. Please pray for me guys, I'm going to be praying for you too. Because let's face it, Satan doesn't want us to to get closer to God. It's okay though, we have Jesus on our side, and He's already won the war for us.

1 comment:

  1. Last Post. April. You are just as good as me Helen! :-)
    Hope you are soldiering on with your reading! I'm still reading, but have not been sticking to my 'plan' - bad me!

    ReplyDelete