Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Plan

I have decided to read the Bible in 365 days, starting on the 28th December 2011.

Why this date? Because that is my 28th birthday. I want to spend my 28th year getting to know God better. (I was going to start on New Years Day but I never keep New Years resolutions.) I am going to commit to reading the Bible everyday and I may post any thoughts or insights that come to mind while reading. I may post prayers or poems or pictures, wherever God leads me. I just want God to take the reins on this one.

I realised that I can check my email everyday, read my favourite blogs, but I don't read the Bible everyday or spend much time with God, lame huh.

So I'm inviting you to join me and get to know God a little bit more. You don't have to start the same day I do, or do the same plan, or read the same bible translations. But I think it would be encouraging to know others were on this journey with me. On a mission to learn more about the amazing God who created us, and died for us, all because He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment