Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 4

Genesis 10-12 and Matthew 4

Genesis 10 - Hmmm not really much to say about this one, it's just about the descendants of Noah's sons.

Genesis 11 - The tower of Babel and Shem's descendants to Abram. Because the people thought they were so awesome, they were going to make a huge tower to celebrate their awesomeness. God thought this was not so awesome. He gave them different languages (I assume they grouped themselves in common languages) and they scattered.

Genesis 12 - Abram, his wife Sarai and his nephew Lot went off on God's command to leave his family. He set up a couple of altars along the way and praised God.Then they went to Egypt. This is the part that creeps me out. Abram decided that because his wife was a hottie, everyone would want her, so rather than stand up and be her husband, he was going to just say he was her brother (which he actually was her half brother, eww, but I suppose it wasn't wrong at that time). So rumour reached the Pharaoh that there was a hottie around and he gave Abram heaps of gifts and took Sarai for his harem. God was not cool with that. He put a plague on the Pharaoh's household and the Pharaoh sent Abram and Sarai away.

Matthew 4 - Okay, this is a big one. First Satan tempts Jesus in the wilderness, my favourite part is when he tries to tempt Jesus by saying He can jump off the temple and the angels will help Him, but once the Devil has finished tempting Him, the angels come by and care for Him anyway.

Then Jesus starts His ministry. He follows the path that Isaiah prophesied and then picks up four fishermen and goes around healing people and crowds start to follow Him. Hmm I wonder if I was there then, if I would follow too. Would I recognise Him as the Christ? I hope I would, I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment